Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What do you get when you mix Claire and a round brush?

This is NOT Claire. It is very close to the adventure we had this morning.

This morning we were running late (as usual). I told Claire to run upstairs and brush her teeth and then come downstairs and brush her hair. I set the brush on the couch. Not very complicated. Simple actually. I should have known better.
A few minutes later Claire came downstairs crying because "This brush is stuck in my hair?" I turned around to find her with a 1 inch round brush attached to her head. It was jammed in there. I couldn't budge it. My first thought was "we are going to have to cut this out and she is going to have a patch of 2" hair in the middle of her head." Then I came to my senses and called my resident hair expert, my neighbor Shelly.
Shelly told me to find a pencil or a rat tail comb (because I have one of those?) and to loosen a small section at a time. Like 4-5 hairs at a time. Well, when she said pencil it dawned on me. I often use a pencil to clean a round brush. Running a pencil up the space between the bristles. This could work. I started to "clean" the brush and all of Claire's hair started coming off, along with all of the gross old hair that was on it.
Once the brush was out, we were left with a humongous tangle of hair. Now, I know you are thinking that I am exaggerating when I say humongous and I am sorry to report that I did not take a picture, but let me assure you it was a mess.
I told her to bite on something and hold on because I was brushing it out and we were getting her to school.
Needless to say, crisis averted. No weird haircut, not even late to school. The brush has found a new resting place in our garbage can. NO MORE ROUND BRUSHES!!!

No comments: