Sunday, February 28, 2010

Little Ears and Electronics

This topic has been on my mind for recently. My kids don't use headphones very often, but when they do I worry about how loud it is in their ears. Most ear buds are too big for Lilly, but Claire uses them. Both sometimes complain that they make their ears hurt.
We will be heading to Florida for Spring Break and that means Nintendo DS and Ipods on the plane. I set out on a better alternative. I found something I loved. They are AirDrives. They go around the ear and the actual bud sits on the outside of the ear instead of entering the ear canal. I thought they were great until I looked at the price. $40! I know, I know...how much is my kids hearing worth. Well, at the rate they go through ear buds because they lose them or they get stepped on in the car, I couldn't bring myself to spend the money. I read through the comments and someone mentioned Lobies. I checked them out and they seemed like an affordable alternative.
They are soft, moldable for each kid, and regular ear buds go into them. I think that the they are going to like them. I bought the pink and purple glitter ones for the girls.
I'll let you know what I think of them after they arrive in a few days.

No comments: