Monday, June 21, 2010

4th of July Inspiration Board

Amanda commented on my last post that I should show my ideas before the actual holiday so that she can copy them. I decided that she is probably right. So here is my inspiration board for the 4th of July.
We spend the 4th up at my parents house and celebrate by going to the Greatest Fourth in the North parade, take boat rides, eat a great picnic type lunch and watch the fireworks on the beach.
Every year the girls get new red, white and blue outfits for the parade. This year I picked up some cute ones from Next Direct. They are based out of the UK, but recently launched a US version of their website. Love it! I am going to try and make some headbands or hair clips inspired by this great one from ESKIDivine on etsy. Maybe even one for me.

I picked up glow in the dark necklaces, bracelets, rings and wands from the dollar store. Amazing what you can find there.

The decor idea is from Make and Takes. She has complete instructions and they pack a lot of punch for not a lot of money. Gotta like that.

The cupcakes and strawberries help to tie in the holiday to the menu. Not too many blue foods out there, so work them in where you can. Most likely a dessert or a fruit salad.

So, I hope that gets your juices flowing and helps you to get inspired for a great 4th of July celebration.

No comments: