Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Last Christmas Party of 2010

I know that it actually happened in 2011, but this was the last Christmas party scheduled for 2010. However, my beautiful niece was born on December 28 and I postponed the party so I could go see her.
I invited some friends and neighbors over for a casual meal and an evening of gab. We were going to play a game, but ended up talking all night. Jim said "How was the game night?" I said "The night was good, but we just talked the whole time." He didn't get it. How could we just sit around and talk for 5+ hours.
Anyway, everyone brought a bit to pass. We had more food than we knew what to do with. I also provided soup and sandwiches. We made our own panini sandwiches and grilled them on the
George Foreman grill. They were great! I also made cheddar broccoli soup.
The table looked wintery and not Christmas. I changed the plan a bit based on the timing. I went with a brown tablecloth and gold chargers. Do you have chargers? You should. They can make a table. I got mine at Hobby Lobby for $1.99 each. They have silver, gold, red and black.
I also used kraft paper wrapped candy bars for the place cards. This was a dual purpose item as it was a place card and a favor.
Anyway, we had a wonderful time and mentioned several times during the night that we must do this more often. It seems that we all go into hibernation mode during the winter. It is pretty sad when I talk to my next door neighbors more on facebook or the phone and they live 50 feet from me.
We will do it again soon.


No comments: