Monday, February 23, 2009

Another Addiction?

I have sent Leah's (Jack's) quilt off to be professionally quilted and bound. I am limited on time on this one and want it to be done right so I am cheating a little.
But, I came across this yesterday. This is CUTE! And it only uses a very small amount of printed fabric. I think I am going to try this one and make it a little larger than the size that is shown.
I currently sleep with a quilt that was on my grandparents bed. It is lovely. Worn cotton with a wool blanket used as batting. Only one problem...It is completely falling apart. Sometime I will try to fix it, but I think I should stop using it every night. This may be a nice replacement.
The actual quilt top looks pretty simple. However, it will be my first attempt at free motion quilting and binding.
At least this one will not require a deadline and I can take my time. Especially since I have so many other things to complete (for paying customers) before I can start it.

Here is the link to the actual instructions. Let me know if anyone else wants to attempt this and we can advise each other.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet your quilter is someone I know and love :) She'll do a great job for you.