Saturday, July 10, 2010

Girls Bedroom ReDo

If you have read this blog in the last little while, you know I have big dreams for redoing the girls' bedroom. I already have installed the chandelier and completed the book slings and pillow cases, now it is time for the walls.
I found this image this week and I think this is the direction I will go.

Did you know that you can adhere fabric to the wall using starch or even an iron on fuseable webbing? I am now on the hunt for the right fabric. Once it is on the wall we'll frame it with trim.
I worked on these while the girls were gone.
I think I'll put them in an oversize frame painted in a funky color. They will be similar, but not matchy matchy.

Whatcha think?

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Yes I've used the starch and fabric on a wall quite awhile back. Like over 10 years ago. The beauty of it is is how easy it is to peel off when you want a change which is sooo unlike real wallpaper! Can't wait to see the finished room!