Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back to School Teacher Gift

I looked for awhile for a teacher gift for back to school. I wanted something useful and not just clutter for their desks. I found some great ideas online.
Here are a few I considered:

Crayon Initials. Very cute, but quite possibly clutter.School Supplies 6 pack. Loved this, but what would I do with that much Starbucks Coffee drinks when I don't drink coffee.
Ultimately, I went with this idea from Made with Love and Glue.

Her version was made with glass hurricane vases, but I found my cute ceramic container at Hobby Lobby for 1/2 off. Total cost of project was about $5.

I filled the container ($2) with pencils from the dollar store (2 packs - $2) and used a rub on initial and wrote the teacher's name with a paint pen (on hand). Packaged with clear gift wrap an tied with a bow!
Teachers always need extra pencils and the container can be used for multiple things after the pencils are gone.

No comments: