Monday, August 25, 2008

Today is the First Day!


Today, Claire became an official First Grader. Last night she went to bed without much encouragement. She laid out her clothes and even got her hair stuff out. This morning she came downstairs at about 6:30. She didn't have to be up that early, but she wanted to be ready. There was an open house in her classroom so Lilly and I went to meet her teacher and check out her room. Ms. Jansen is a great teacher and Claire is going to love her. The classroom was decorated with monkeys. I am sure that this first grade class will fit in with that theme just fine.
When it was time for me to leave she got a little teary. This is quite unusual for her. She didn't cry on the first day of preschool or kindergarten. I got her settled in and then she was fine. This is going to be a great year. She is going to learn a lot and I am sure I will too!

No comments: