Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Bento Box Lunch

Since school has started, I have had to think about Claire's lunch. Her school has a hot lunch program, but I am not thrilled with the choices. A lot of fried foods and packaged meals. However, Claire hasn't been thrilled with carrying her lunch in the past. When I sent a lunch, most of it would come back home untouched.
This year I decided I am trying something new. We call it Cool Cold Lunch. It is actually based on bento box lunches.
I bought a small rubbermaid type container and several silicone cupcake holders and send small portions of lots of different things. I also include a note from dad or me, a small food pick and a spoon if necessary.Yesterday it was mostly eaten! This is her lunch today.

Yogurt, grape tomatos, 1/2 peanut butter sandwich, finger jello and chex mix. You can see the pink food pick and the green and pink spoon. I used a Pampered Chef tart maker to seal the edges of the sandwich and cut off the crusts. We'll see how this one goes over.

No comments: