Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Book Character Dress Up Day


Do you remember Amelia Bedelia? I remember reading her books when I was a little girl. Claire has enjoyed reading them this year as well. So when it come to "Dress as your favorite book character day" at school, I knew it was a possibility that she would pick her. I was secretly hoping that she would pick something easier so I wouldn't have to do very much, but that was not the case. I tried to talk up Fancy Nancy, the princess from "Princess and the Pea," but she was hearing none of it.
So of course I waited until the very last minute and started it this past weekend. I went to the thrift store and picked up a black dress and a white blouse. I took the dress in and shortened the sleeves, used the color and cuffs from the blouse and the dress was done. God blessed me and the hat was also at the thrift store. This was the part I was dreading most. I spray painted it black and added the flowers. The apron was whipped up tonight and it has all come together.
Claire is thrilled with it and is excited because she gets to wear her dress shoes to school. She can't wait to click her heels on the floors.I know she doesn't look thrilled, but she doesn't like to show her teeth when she smiles right now. I promise, she is very excited in this picture.