Saturday, April 24, 2010

Meet my good friend Rhee

Looking back, I can't believe that I haven't mentioned her before. Rhee and I are close. Although she doesn't know I exist. I read 3 of her blogs. That is right 3. She is a city girl who fell in love with a rancher. They have a bunch of kids, whom she home schools. She is currently on a book tour for her cookbook and she is a fantastic photographer. She is The Pioneer Woman.
This week I felt ambitious and decided to try one of the recipes on her cooking blog - Chicken with Mushrooms and Artichokes.

This is the picture from her blogFamily Fare had chicken legs on sale for 99 cents a pound. I picked up some, along with the other ingredients and headed home to start.
I learned a couple of things.
1. You really should measure when following a recipe.
2. Rhee really knows how to cook!
Here is how mine turned out
It was great! A little runny because I decided that I didn't need to measure the chicken stock or white wine and eyeballing would be fine, but good none the less.
The kids even ate it!
Claire was a little apprehensive about the artichokes, but she tried them and loved it!
I will definitely be trying more of her recipes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have heard of this website before and even checked it out once. It looks like she has some good recipes.

Paula