Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Ready for a Feast

I am getting ready for our Thanksgiving feast. Today I ran around town picking up things that I forgot to get at the store on Monday. I came home and made turkey cookies. I made these last year and they were quite the hit. How can you go wrong with chocolate frosting and candy corn?
Next came the buffet display. I got the bowl at Hobby Lobby for 80% off. For real....80% off! How in the world can they do that? I guess I don't care how, cuz I got it cheap. The Pilgrims and Indians were made on my Cricut machine. I just got the paper dolls cartridge when Michaels had a big sale. I am loving it. I used it for our Children's worship lesson last week and the kids loved it.

Then it was on to the main table. We made the place cards out of old magazine pages and cardstock. This was a project we did with friends last year, but this year we used them for a purpose. I got the chargers at Hobby Lobby. Not on sale but not very expensive either. I did the flowers and the rest of the stuff was gathered from around the house. I did almost start a mum on fire, but will not put the candles so close next time.Now all we need is the food and our guests.
We have so much to be thankful for this, and every year. Thank you Lord for all of your many blessings.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute cookies, adorable gifts for the girls and such a lovely tablescape! EVERYTHING you do is so creative Jennifer. Where do you get such energy?

Wish we could be there to sit around your lovely table and share Thanksgiving with you all.

HandbagsbyJen said...

Deb:
Thanks for your kudos. We went over to Barbs for a couple of minutes last night and commented that we wish we could all be together for dinner. We miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Jen -- Josh and I SO enjoyed spending the afternoon and evening at your house with your family this Thanksgiving. The food was delicious, the conversation was fun and the company was fantastic!! Thanks thanks thanks. See you soon. April

Anonymous said...

I second Deb's praise. Wow! At least I got plates on the table though we moved our centerpiece (no fresh flowers in it) off so that we could squeeze as many as possible around. Wouldn't it be lovely to have everyone who is a Settergren together for a meal. Has anyone counted how many that would be--the number includes many of Karen's beloved 19....