Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thinking about Christmas?

We have started thinking about our Christmas budget. After Coco spent a number of hours cleaning the toy room (the basement) on Saturday, we determined that our kids need nothing. Don't get me wrong, they want plenty. But need, we have no needs.
We have decided to set a small budget for gifts this year and to do as much handmade as possible. I have spent some time checking out etsy and other online retailers that I have visited before and have come up with a few things.
I will be making these for the girls.They seem to be fairly easy. I am going to add some little people with it so they can have a portable playhouse to take to papa and mimi's or a friend's house.
These are similar to the people I am going to make.
Casey's wood shop has an online shop that stocks different size and shape people turnings. I am not sure that my painting skills are as high as the artist's above, but I will give it a try.

Another gift that has been floating around my head for awhile is this face bag.

Each year we get the girls a Nativity story book. I thought I would put the book in this cute bag that they can then use for the library or church.

I am not sure how much more I can do with all of the sewing that I have to finish for clients, but here are a few more wish list items.


Crayon Roll Up





Felted Soap

No comments: