Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Wonderful World of Wicked


Yesterday, Coco and I went to the Wharton Center in Lansing to see Wicked. This was supposed to be a gift for her, but it turned out to be a wonderful show. I had no idea what to expect, but I laughed and cried. A fantastic show that I would recommend to everyone. On the way home, we stopped for dinner and talked about school and friends and stuff. It was a great time. I always appreciate spending time with her. It seems like it happens less, now that she is older, so I savor the moments.




I was inspired by these pillowcase dresses. My girls are always wanting to wear dresses to play outside. Often, they are church dresses and I don't want them to be playing in the sandbox and running through the sprinkler in them. So, I made these dresses for them. It took about an hour to make both of them. Now they want to come into my studio and design their own dresses. We will have to see how those turn out.




On Friday, I stopped at the local "goodwill" type place and found a handbag with great handles. I forgot to take a before pic, but it was made out of brown placemats. Not the best looking bag I ever saw. I took it home and made this bag. I used a button to secure the flaps so that I can make other bottoms and use the same handles. They can even be completely different shape bags. I am excited to see how many bags I can make using these handles. All for 75 cents!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl ~ You never cease to amaze me! I LOVE the dresses on Claire and Lily. You're seriously going to let those beauties in the sandbox?! The purse is awesome, too! Let me guess, handles courtesy of 'the barn?' Ooohh, I love that store!

HandbagsbyJen said...

You guessed it. The barn is the best place to find bargains like this!